Tintri’s new all-flash VM-aware storage platform now available in Southern Africa
Tintri, a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualisation and cloud environments, has announced the local release of the Tintri VMstore T5000 All Flash series. The solution is available from Networks Unlimited, the region’s leading value-added distributor.
The VMstore T5000 joins Tintri’s existing T800 hybrid-flash series to create a portfolio of VM-aware storage platforms offering enterprises and service providers a choice of storage, hypervisor and packaging to best meet their needs. Powered by the same Tintri OS and real time VM-level analytics, the new products will enable customers to easily optimise virtualised workloads across the T5000 and T800 systems.
The announcement also includes additional new products:
- Tintri OS 4.0, providing a single OS for both the T5000 and T800 platforms.
- Tintri Global Center (TGC) 2.1, which manages and provides actionable, real time, VM-level analytics for more than 100,000 virtual machines (VM). TGC 2.1 extends ease of management and analytics capabilities to mixed Tintri VMstore All-Flash and Hybrid-Flash environments by identifying “flash-hungry” VMs and enables administrators to move the workloads to a Tintri All-Flash system. It is capable of not only dynamically assigning service group policies for data protection and quality of service but also seamlessly transferring and retaining the same service group settings when a VM is moved to another VMstore.
- Tintri VMstack Converged Infrastructure, the industry’s first VM-aware converged solution providing customers the choice of hybrid-flash or all-flash storage, multiple hypervisors, compute and network. Select Tintri partners, including 5S, Groupware, Infrastructure, P1 Technologies, RediCloud- a division of Axispoint and Virtual Armor, will offer pre-qualified, integrated solutions designed for specific use cases such as VDI, high performance enterprise applications and private cloud.
The Tintri VMstore T5000 All-Flash series includes two models - the VMstore T5060 and T5080 can store up to 5,000 VMs in a 2U form factor and up to 100,000 VMs, 1.4PB of data and 4 million IOPS in a single 42U rack. The series is designed for very large database farms, analytics workloads and large persistent virtual desktops, which demand predictable, high throughput and sub-millisecond latency across their entire multi-terabyte capacity.
The existing T800 hybrid-flash series will continue to support enterprises seeking the optimum balance of all flash performance and value with the same VM-aware capabilities as the T5000. With its unique ability among hybrid storage to deliver 99 percent of I/O from flash, the T800 series is the ideal platform for most server virtualisation, VDI, private cloud and test and development use cases.
The T5000 and T800 are the only solutions in the industry to provide real-time, VM-level analytics. Customers can identify and act on changes in VM performance and capacity use across their entire infrastructure and across multiple hypervisors, including VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, OpenStack or Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
“We have consistently heard from business leaders that the performance of their virtualised applications is paramount to the success of their organisations,” says Ken Klein, CEO and Chairman at Tintri. “Many storage vendors respond by focusing on speeds and feeds and who has more or less flash. They’re selling expensive Band-Aids. Tintri focuses on the root cause with storage specifically built for virtualised enterprises. With this announcement, we bring VM-awareness to all-flash and offer a common platform with hybrid-flash on which customers can analyse and optimise workloads.”
The Tintri VMstack Converged Infrastructure is the industry’s first VM-aware stack, offering customers the choice of storage platform, hypervisor, compute and network infrastructure. Tintri VMstack Partners will offer a variety of pre-qualified integrated solutions for specific use cases, including:
- Tintri VMstack for Server Virtualisation: optimised for server virtualisation based on VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V or other Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization sized for typical virtualised server applications.
- Tintri VMstack for VDI: optimised for VDI, based on VMware Horizon with View or Citrix XenDesktop running on supported hypervisor platforms, sized for various user counts and concurrent desktop use.
- Tintri VMstack for Private Cloud: optimised for private clouds based on VMware vRealize Suite, or OpenStack and sized for large numbers of dynamic workloads with a high rate of change.
“We’re excited to bring this new offering to our southern African customers, who can now optimise workloads across their storage platforms and greatly benefit from a detailed, real-time VM-level view of their virtual infrastructure,” adds Anton Jacobsz, managing director at Networks Unlimited.