Southern African customers operating from remote sites to take advantage of SimpliVity’s hyperconvergence guarantee
SimpliVity, a leader in hyperconverged infrastructure revolutionising enterprise IT, distributed in Southern Africa by Networks Unlimited, the region’s leading value-added distributor, is offering an unmatched “HyperGuarantee,” making SimpliVity one of the most technologically advanced solutions in the hyperconverged infrastructure market.
Christo Briedenhann, regional manager for Southern Africa at SimpliVity says that the new HyperGuarantee is unmatched in the industry and serves as a proof-point to SimpliVity’s platform maturity and capabilities.
SimpliVity is so sure of its foundational technology that it is guaranteeing the following:
1. HyperEfficient – 90 percent capacity savings across all primary storage and backup combined.2. HyperProtected – 60-seconds or less on average local backup or restore of a 1TB VM.3. HyperResilient – Zero data loss with a node failure and two drive failures on every other appliance.4. HyperManageable – 60-seconds or less creation or update of backup policies for 1,000s of VMs across dozens of remote sites from a single console.
5. HyperExtensible – Zero downtime, and no policy disruption, IP or backup policy reconfiguration, when expanding or replacing SimpliVity local or remote systems.
Within the context of this guarantee, Anton Jacobsz, managing director at Networks Unlimited, says that it has taken the decision to distribute SimpliVity’s OmniCube CN-1200 Unified Protected ROBO (remote office branch office) solution to address the challenge of distributed enterprises in Southern Africa.
The OmniCube CN-1200 is designed to improve performance, streamline operations and increase agility, and is capable of being managed remotely, therefore, requiring no expertise at the remote sites.
“By deploying SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure at your remote sites, businesses can eliminate the need for multiple costly legacy hardware components, thus reducing the total cost of ownership as well as power and cooling requirements,” says Jacobsz.
SimpliVity’s OmniCube CN-1200 is delivered in a 2U form factor. It is designed for smaller deployments and smaller workloads. When deployed as part of SimpliVity’s Unified Protected ROBO solution, the OmniCube CN-1200 provides tremendous agility, simplicity and data mobility.
“Many of today’s businesses have grown far beyond one physical location and the need to manage more than one data centre,” says Briedenhann. “This proliferation of distributed enterprises has put pressure on businesses to deliver IT infrastructure and resources at remote and branch offices. Remote office branch offices present many challenges to IT, most of which are related to limited bandwidth, budget, onsite expertise, and facilities.
“And, while remote offices and branch offices require less scale than the core office locations, there is still a need for performance and high availability. Those customers at the remote site want the responsiveness and functionality the core office provides but IT also needs to provide it a price point that is feasible.”
The OmniCube CN-1200 is primarily intended for mid-market and enterprise businesses that require IT infrastructure across four or more remote offices. “OmniCube CN-1200 Unified Protected ROBO solution was designed to support up to 20 virtual machines, is priced competitively and, because it is deployed as part of a SimpliVity Federation, is installed with no IT intervention and managed from a single pane of glass,” he adds.
OmniCube CN-1200 systems support a broad set of scenarios. Some of the compelling use cases include:
· All-in-one IT modernisation projects for a wide set of applications;
· Data centre virtualisation for small businesses;
· Remote office and branch office infrastructure;
· Multi-site central management projects;
· Backup and disaster recovery redesign initiatives;
· Public, private and hybrid cloud computing infrastructure; and more.
For more information about SimpliVity, please contact the SimpliVity Product Manager at Networks Unlimited: Jared Bloom at firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 11 202 8400.